Yay so it’s officially 2015! While it’s technically now the beginning of the year, I am still going to complete this survey for 2014. Unfortunately, December is always a crazy month so I never get much reading done and I didn’t have much time for blogging as well. Now that it’s a new month and year I will be updating often again. I have a stack of books and a 2015 TBR list so this year is sure to be a good one! 🙂 All of my stats are based off of my Goodreads account so there are probably some books not accounted for. Thanks to The Perpetual Page Turner for creating this survey and you can click on the blog name to go to her page and get the survey for yourself.
Number of Books I Read: 78 Books
Number of Re-Reads: 1 Book
Genre I Read the Most From: Young Adult (Contemporary if you want to et more specific)
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Series – The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Sequel – Secrets and Lies by Jacqueline Green
Series Ender – Yolo (Internet Girls #4) by Lauren Myracle
*Had I finished Pretty Little Liars in 2014 it would have made the list*
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
There are a ton but I read multiple books from…
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Liv from Liv, Forever
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I’m not that big on quotes from books.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest – The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Aly and Brandon in The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Caitlin, Tenley and Sydney from Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Mason from Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Most Vivid Setting – Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
There are way too many I feel are “hidden gems” because I haven’t seen anyone else post reviews on them.
Ex.: Liv, Forever, Even in Paradise, Magnolia
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
(storyline was original and unlike any other YA book I’ve read before)
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
No judging here but Nicole Polizzi’s (Snooki) book signing at a local university for her book Baby Bumps. Huge fan and was so excited to meet her.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Hitting more than 75 followers. I was shocked and seriously thank you to everyone who does follow and read my blog.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Review on Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas (view wise)
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
None, I’m happy for any views that any of my posts get.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Definitely hands down NetGalley and Edelweiss, ARCs for days 🙂
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Participated in some but never finished any. I’m currently in a joint December-January one that hopefully I can finish and I have started a 2015 TBR list and one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to complete it.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
My 2015 YA debut Goodreads list because I can’t pick just 1
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (sequel to To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before) &
The Good Girls by Sara Shepard (sequel to The Perfectionists)
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I want to finish my 2015 TBR list and at least read 100 books in 2015.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Wow some of these books I completely forgot I even read in 2014. I cannot wait for the books coming out in 2015 because there are so many that I am looking forward to. If you read any books in 2014 that you think I absolutely HAVE TO read, comment and let me know. I’m always looking for more books to add to my 2015 TBR list, but if you do recommend a book please keep in mind I only read YA books. Thanks 🙂