Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I’d Give To Readers Who Have Never Read [BLANK]. I’m going to fill in the blank with… Young Adult Books. Since I mainly read YA books I wasn’t really sure what other topic I could have chosen. If I did thrillers or dystopians, I wouldn’t have ten to make a whole list so I will do a mix of young adult genres that I’d give/recommend to someone.
Top Ten Books I’d Give To Readers Who Have Never Read Young Adult Books
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han – A nice, light, summery contemporary book that is just so good.
2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil – A really well written YA thriller/horror novel and by far my favorite.
3. Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington – A really amazing YA mystery. Currently in my top 10 favorites, I could reread this over and over.
4. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne – My favorite YA dystopian novel. So realistic it gives you goosebumps.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Because you need to cry a little when reading a book.
6. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen – Everyone needs to experience a Sarah Dessen book and this one is so far my favorite.
7. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – So original and has photographs that really make the characters come to life.
8. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – Another amazing YA contemporary that is really popular.
9. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – Another great thriller although this features a female lead character.
10. I’m actually going to leave 10 blank. There are so many other YA books I’d recommend/give to someone who hasn’t read YA before, but I can’t just pick only 1 more.
I know these are probably not the most popular YA books and a lot of people wound probably recommend books like Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, but everyone has heard of them before. I’d recommend/give someone a stack of books that are really good and popular, but not ones that everyone has heard of. (The Fault in Our Stars being the only exception.)