Like I said in my post yesterday, today was a snow day so I had absolutely no excuses not to get at least two posts up today. I mentioned I wanted to post my February wrap up, even though we are already in March, because I did a decent amount of reading this month.
I can’t believe it is already March. February, as always, seems to fly by and I am surprised with the amount of books I’ve read this month given that there was only 28 days. Though February was not a good reading month. I seemed to have chosen all the wrong books to read this month, with the exception of a few that were amazing. I am going to be honest..I am a very critical reader. I don’t exactly know why I am so critical with the books I read, but I either love them or hate them. I also am the worst kind of reader. I judge a book by it’s cover. I know, I know..this is the absolute worst thing a reader can do. Usually though, if the cover is something that captures my interest, along with the title, then I end up enjoying the book. Of course I always read the back of the book as well because if it sounds boring or ends up being in a genre I don’t really care for, it goes back on the shelf. Anyways, time to wrap up this post with a list of books I have read in February. I will post how many stars out of five I gave it.
Books I Finished in February:
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – Read my review for it here
- The Space Between Us by Jessica Martinez – 3 stars out of 5
- Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley – Read my review for it here
- Tan Lines, Spring Break, & Sun-Kissed Christmas (2nd, 3rd, 4th books in the Beach Blondes series) by Katherine Applegate – ranged from 2 stars to 3.5 stars out of 5 (Beach Blondes was 4 stars and a great summer read though!)
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil – Read my review for it here
- Torn by Cat Clarke – 4 stars out of 5, but is sold in the UK (bought mine from a seller on Amazon)
- Rainbow Party by Paul Ruditis – 1 star out of 5
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally – Posting this review next!
- Never Too Far by Abbi Glines – 4 stars out of 5
- Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines – 3.5 stars out of 5 (didn’t review either of these because they are the 2nd and 3rd in a series I never reviewed on my blog)
- This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith – Be on the lookout for this review this week!
Wow, seems like even more when I type them all up. I didn’t post reviews when it came to any of the series I finished because I had never posted a review on the first book, but Beach Blondes is definitely a great read for the summer. The rest in the series are no where near as good.
Books I Bought in February:
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil
- Fifteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- The Fortunes of Indigo Skye & The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti
- Take Me There, Waiting for You, & Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
- The Space Between Us by Jessica Martinez
- Harmless by Dana Reinhardt
- Claiming Georgia Tate by Gigi Amateau
- Torn by Cat Clarke
- In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
- You Are Here, This Is What Happy Looks Like, & The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
- One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Tomorrow When the War Began Series books 1-4 by John Marsden
- The Year I Turned Sixteen by Diane Schwemm
- Fly Me to the Moon by Alyson Noel
- Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann
- Rainbow Party by Paul Ruditis
- Beach Lane by Melissa de la Cruz
- Panic by Sharon M. Draper
- The Forrest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
- The Ruining by Anna Collomore
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Snapshot by Angie Stanton
- If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin
Oh my goodness..I can’t believe I bought that many books just in February. I do buy a lot of them used on Amazon or if I buy them new, I buy them on Amazon as well because they are usually still cheaper than the cover price. I think I am going to take a break from buying any books for at least a month so I can catch up on a lot of the ones I already have. Be on the lookout for reviews this month since you can see I will be doing a lot of reading. I hopefully will get 2-3 reviews out a week.